We are currently looking for an assistant stage manager intern (unpaid) for our upcoming 2021 show!
Work with award-winning theatre company, Colorado Springs Young People. As assistant stage manager, work closely with stage manager, cast, and crew to help ensure the rehearsals and performances go smoothly.
- Attend every rehearsal, tech rehearsal, and performance (mostly evenings, dates June-August)
- Keep cast and crew (estimated 30 people) under control when need be.
- Help ensure that cast and crew are prepared for each performance.
- Be point person for set crew, working with stage manager to create technical run sheet, assigning crew members their posts for the show.
- Ensure that individual rehearsals/performances run smoothly backstage (i.e. preparing actors and set crew for cues, assisting crew and actors when need be)
- Be gofer for the show, making last-minute runs for needed items.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must have personal transportation to use during shows.
- Excellent multitasking and communication skills.
- Leads well while also working with a team.
- Works well under pressure.
How to apply:
- Answer the following questions:
- When are you available to start?
- What is the best way to contact you?
- What makes you a good fit for this job?
- Why are you interested in this job?
- Send answers and resume (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th. Interviews will be rolling and the job may be closed at any time.