We are currently looking for a volunteer stage manager for our upcoming 2021 show!
Work with award-winning theatre company, Colorado Springs Young People. As a stage manager, work as point person between all other theatrical departments, such as actors, directors, and technical personnel. Work closely with directors to ensure that rehearsals and performances run smoothly.
- Assist in compiling and reviewing audition materials and submissions.
- Attend every rehearsal, tech rehearsal, and performance (mostly evenings, dates June-August)
- Take notes at rehearsals, such as blocking and requests from directors.
- Keep cast and crew (estimated 30 people) under control when need be.
- Communicate with cast and crew concerning schedule and other details.
- Communicate regularly with technical designers, touching base and personally resolving problems (if possible).
- Help ensure that cast and crew are prepared for each performance.
- Ensure that individual rehearsals/performances run smoothly on time (i.e. call time, warm-ups, curtain, etc.)
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Excellent time management, multitasking, and communication skills.
- Leads well while also working with a team.
- Works well under pressure.
- Preferred stage management experience.
How to apply:
- Answer the following questions:
- When are you available to start?
- What is the best way to contact you?
- What makes you a good fit for this job?
- Why are you interested in this job?
- Send answers and resume to email@example.com by April 30th. Interviews will be rolling and the job may be closed at any time.